Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Long Day


Hi everyone we've had the LONGEST day ever. It started when we had to leave the hotel at 6:45. We then ate and headed to the Chickasaw National Recreation Area (CNRA) and met Rangers Chris and Lauren (in their National Park Uniforms). We then went to Vendome Well--sulphur springs that pump out water. The stench of the water was AWFUL!!!!! It smelled like rotten eggs.

Afterwards, we went to Sulphur Public Schools to present about some National Parks in D.C. The 6th graders told us about Chickasaw, Washita, and the OKC memorial. After we said our goodbyes we went to Chickasaw and went to the Lincoln Bridge. We then went to an Italian eatery called Mazzio's, where everyone there had over 4 slices of pizza!

One of my favorite places today was watching the Bison roam free. I took almost 300 photos!! Later that day I got a special "STAMPS" stamp. We also got a Junior Ranger Stamp as well. The final event of today was Chickasaw National Park. I really enjoyed siting on the falls with my feet in the water. The algae in the water felt so weird!! I think today was the best day so far.

5 comments:

  1. The Bison are great! They are soo BIG. I can't imagine how it must have looked coming across the plains and seeing thousands of them in huge herds. It is so said that these great animals were hunted so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that y'all got to see the bison. It's so different than seeing them in the zoo. I got to see them when my family traveled through Oklahoma in the 1980s and I still remember how wonderful it was to see them roaming grasslands.

    Can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the weather? Did the 6th graders like the presentation? Were you able to mingle with the other children since everyone is in one building? Did you drink the water?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo. Were you that close or did you have a telephoto lens?

    ReplyDelete